Pages

Monday, November 7, 2016

Philly Cheesesteak

Hey everyone! It's the first day of Vegan MoFo's International Week, and the theme for today is: Close to Home – Make a food from your own country, state, or hometown. So, I made a Philly cheesesteak for my dinner tonight! I sauteed 1/4 of an onion and 1/4 of a green pepper, then cooked some of Morningstar's vegan steak strips, topping it all off with a melted slice of Creamy Original Chao. Delicious, though certainly a bit messy!


Here's a sleepy Cringer...



Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. That looks really delicious. I haven't had Chao in awhile, I miss it. That sandwich looks really satisfying! Sweet Cringer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; it was so good, definitely something I want to make again! :)

      Delete
  2. I was a very literal child and always used to think a cheesesteak was just a slab of cheese (likewise a cheeseburger, and I couldn't understand why it wouldn't be vegetarian). Clearly I'm not from Philly! Excellent veganising here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny! :D Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of the cheesesteak, but I don't like the capsicum. I did once find a place that was able to make me one just with the grilled onions, or I pick out the capsicum. But I like the cheese meaty onion combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, apart from this one that I made, I've only ever tried Blackbird Pizzeria's vegan cheesesteak. It's good, but they add onion & pepper, too. Of course, all that's technically required to make it a cheesesteak is the cheese, steak slices, and bread. :)

      Delete
  4. I need to make a homemade cheesesteak at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already want to make it again; homemade cheesesteak is so fun! :D

      Delete