Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Strawberry Pineapple Green Smoothie

Hi everyone! Today's Vegan MoFo prompt is: It’s Easy Being Green – Look after the environment, or just eat green veg – go green today! A few days ago, I made an attempt at a green smoothie, specifically the Strawberry Pineapple Green Smoothie from Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food. Everything looked great going into the blender: the kale, the frozen strawberries, the fresh pineapple, so pretty and colorful...


... but it turned out brown, even though the cookbook said it would be "a rich green color"...


If you look closely, there are little flecks of green!

I tried a few sips and wasn't too impressed with the taste, so I thought, might as well add the optional protein powder, but that didn't help any. Well, at least I tried; I just prefer to eat my greens than to drink them, that's all!


Here's Cringer warming up Zach's gloves for him...



Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. I don't like to add blueberries to my green smoothie because it makes such a blech color.
    Cringer is so very thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know about the blueberries in case I try another green smoothie sometime! Yes, Cringer is a very thoughtful kitty! :)

      Delete
  2. Aw, what a shame! At least you tried, and the picture of everything layered up in the blender looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm glad I gave it a try, and I'm super glad I snapped a pic before blending! :D

      Delete
  3. I love green smoothies, though sometimes the colour does turn out a bit murky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll take some experimenting, but I'm sure I'll eventually find one I like! :)

      Delete