Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Tea & Oatmeal

Hi everyone! Today's Vegan MoFo prompt is: Autumn/Fall Traditions – Are there any foods you traditionally make in this season? Back in October, I tried two new fall recipes: Chickpeas and Dumplings and Coconut Pumpkin Bread, but I guess my main tradition is that when fall begins, I start drinking tea in the morning and having oatmeal instead of cereal. I prefer Numi's rooibos chai this time of year, and I make my oatmeal with a bit of water, some soy milk, a spoonful each of chia seeds and coconut oil, a handful of raisins, several pinches of salt, and a few shakes of cinnamon. It's a nice, warm, fortifying breakfast. 


Here's Leela; her current fall tradition is that she joins me in the morning when I meditate...




Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful meditation partner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been experimenting with having oatmeal too. I usually have savory, but oatmeal is very filling and satisfying. Leela is so gorgeous! My black cat Etta loves to help me do yoga! I always tell her I should have named her Yoga!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) That's so sweet about Etta helping with your yoga! Leela actually joined me for yoga that night as well, but she kept being silly and trying to convince me to play instead hehe!

      Delete
  3. I love oatmeal and I sometimes add a little coconut oil like you. I'm convinced it makes it easier to clean the pan which is a bonus! Love rooibos chai too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, the coconut oil does seem to make for easier cleanup! Rooibos chai is so perfect for fall! :)

      Delete