Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Victory Smarties

Hi everyone! Today's Vegan MoFo prompt is: Silly food – What are some silly food traditions/memories you have? This is a timely prompt because I've been enjoying my "Victory Smarties" this month...


On Halloween night, I set aside some of the leftover candy (specifically, the Smarties). And then, each day in November when I complete my daily writing goal for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), I have one of the rolls of Smarties as a reward. 



I've been writing at least 2,000 words a day (it's 1,667 words/day to stay on track), and
I'm at 44,654 words so far. I have a nice buffer built up, so I'll get to skip some days of writing for Thanksgiving and the weekend!


Here's a close-up of a sleepy Buttons...



Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. Smarties in the UK are completely different - more like M&Ms, and definitely not vegan! These look more like what we call Love Hearts...but I'm sure I'm seen those on American TV programmes, so you must have those too, right? Are they similar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really interesting that your Smarties are different; I always learn new things with Vegan MoFo! I looked up Love Hearts; they look like a cross between Smarties and our candy hearts called Sweethearts! :)

      Delete
  2. I love smarties so much! Have you ever had the giant smarties? Hard to find but so fun! I love your bowl too! Congratulations on all the words you've been typing!
    Buttons is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :D And no, I don't think I've ever had the giant Smarties; I'll have to keep an eye out for them!

      Delete
  3. We have a sweet that looks like that in England that is called Swizzles. There's also a purple coloured variation called Parma Violets that tastes of you've guessed it violets. The same company also makes Love Hearts which are bigger and have a little saying on each one. I am so impressed that you are doing two challenges at once, that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parma Violets sounds like such a neat variation; I looked it up and the color is so pretty! :) Thanks; it's definitely kept me busy, haha!

      Delete