Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Zapiekanka

Hi everyone! Today's Vegan MoFo prompt is: Something Different – Cook a cuisine you’ve never tried before. Or, one you don’t make often enough. I chose to go with Polish cuisine (one that I don't make often enough) and made a zapiekanka for my dinner tonight. I sliced & sauteed some white mushrooms, added them to half of a sourdough bread, topped them off with shredded FYH mozzarella, and baked it for about 20 minutes. Then, I added the final ingredient: ketchup! 



Like several of my recent Vegan MoFo meals, it's rather messy to eat, but it is so simple to prepare and quite tasty! I'm glad I gave it a try!



The cute kitty for this post is Buttons...


"The floor is my friend."

Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this, but it seems like an instant classic - except for the ketchup! I have a deep, possibly irrational dislike of ketchup, to the extent that if I even touch the bottle I shudder. Fortunately, I love dry food, and I suspect this would be delicious without the sauce on top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually hesitant to add the ketchup because it looked so good already, but I wanted to make it as authentic as possible haha! It ended up being really good so I'm glad I did, but I'm sure it would still be delicious without ketchup! :)

      Delete
  2. I love that it has ketchup on it. I am a ketchup fan! Though I wouldn't have thought of it as a traditional Polish garnish.
    This looks great, ketchup or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was surprised about the ketchup; it's not something that comes to mind when thinking of Polish food! But it works so well in this! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer; it was so good! :D (I think if I make it again I'll try a slightly thinner/softer bread than sourdough!)

      Delete