Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Orzo Pilaf (Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen)

Hi everyone! The new recipe I tried this week was the orzo pilaf (with peas, onions, and roasted red peppers) from The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen by Donna Klein. It was really good & so easy to make; Zach enjoyed it, too. I already made it a second time this week; I know it won't be long before I return to this recipe yet again!


Also, we were in the area after visiting a friend on Sunday, so we stopped at Vegan Treats on the way home, and I got this cute brownie chunk cheesecake. (I always try to pick something new that I haven't tried before.) It was quite tasty! 




Here's a sleepy Cringer... 



Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute little cheesecake!
    I don't use orzo that often, but I always really like it when I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! Orzo's always a great choice! :)

      Delete
  2. Yum, orzo pilaf sounds so great! That little cheesecake looks beyond delicious too! And sleepy Cringer, so dang adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; both the orzo pilaf and the cheesecake were super delicious! Cringer is always so cute when she sleeps, all sprawled out and silly! :)

      Delete
  3. One day I'll visit Vegan Treats! But I've had their desserts at some of the Philly locations they deliver to. I think the oreo cake that I had once was from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vegan Treats is quite the adventure! Zach got a Halloween-themed Oreo cake there last year; I tried some & it was pretty good! :)

      Delete