Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Banana-Berry Scones (Isa Does It)

Hi everyone! The MiniMoFo theme for February is "red," so I'm trying red recipes this month. Yesterday, I made the Banana-Berry Scones from Isa Does It. I made them a bit too big (next time I'll make them smaller; the recipe says it should make 12 scones) but they turned out so, so good! I think I might also try using a bit more raspberries and mashing them with the bananas, instead of just putting them on top of the scones.



On Tuesday, I went to a protest here in Phoenixville. It was focused on immigrant rights, so I used my Refugees Are Welcome Here / #NoBanNoWall sign again. There were maybe 25 of us, but it was a good group overall; we stood on a small sidewalk at a busy intersection in town holding our signs. We got a lot of honks and waves in support, lots of thumbs-up & peace signs. Of course, there were also people driving by who shook their heads at us, gave thumbs-down, and flipped us off. But they were much fewer in number.

Here's Leela in her favorite place to nap -- between my dresser and a heating vent. 



Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. Those scones look amazing!! I don't think I've ever had a scone to be honest. I can't believe anyone would flip you off, but I guess those are the people who voted Trump in. Sad. I'm glad you got more positive reactions.
    Leela reminds me of Joan, loving to be warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; I liked these scones a lot better than the ones I'd had before going vegan!
      Yeah, exactly; one of the times we got flipped off, I joked to the woman I was standing next to that they'd meant to give us a peace sign and had just forgotten to put up their index finger as well!
      Leela's definitely like Joan in that regard! :)

      Delete
  2. The scones look great, I've made that recipe before and enjoyed it too. I'm glad the negative responses to your protest were in the minority. That's definitely important to remember at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; it's a great recipe! :)
      Agreed; this week's protest got an overall positive response as well -- one woman even stopped by with cupcakes she'd bought for the group! (They weren't vegan, so I didn't have any, but it was such a nice & encouraging gesture!)

      Delete
  3. The look on Leela's face! I know that kitty face all too well haha! The scones look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! :) Leela always looks so serious, haha!

      Delete
  4. Love the sound of those scones. I have the book so will have to try that recipe out. Good on you for doing the protest Julie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; I hope you enjoy the scones if you make them! :)

      Delete