Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Spiced Nuts (Fresh & Fast Vegan Pleasures)

Hi everyone! The new recipe I tried this week was the spiced nuts from Fresh & Fast Vegan Pleasures by Amanda Grant. (The ingredients list awkwardly included the mixed nuts line twice, with one of the repetitions calling Brazil nuts "Bazil notes" lol.) Unfortunately, the finished product was disappointing. The amount of soy sauce the recipe called for was excessive (1 T would have been enough); it covered up any hint of the chili powder, so the nuts weren't spicy at all. Well, I had to get the first recipe fail of the year out of the way sooner or later!



In other news, I've gone to my second protest! On Sunday, January 29, Zach went with me to the Philadelphia International Airport for Protest Refugee Deportations at PHL! It was another great experience; I'm so glad I went. Here are the pictures of my sign (front & back); I re-used my signs from my first protest by flipping them, duct-taping them together, and writing on the blank sides.


"No hate, no fear; refugees are welcome here!"

"No ban, no wall; sanctuary for all!"

Here are the cuddly sisters Daisy & Cringer. I found them snuggled like this when I got back from a walk earlier this week. 



Peace. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love your sign, and I love hearing about the protests! I love spiced nuts, too bad the recipe was a clunker. Will you try again with the adjustment of the soy sauce? Cringer and Daisy are soooo sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm planning to try again with the spiced nuts; hopefully I'll be able to get it right this time! Cringer & Daisy have been so cuddly recently; it's adorable! :)

      Delete
  2. Shame about the nuts. :(
    So great that you went to another protest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There's now a group in town doing weekly protests, so I'll be going to more! :)

      Delete