Pages

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Corned Beef and Cabbage with Veggies (VegWeb)

Hi everyone! This week I decided to try making a vegan version of corned beef and cabbage. I found this recipe on VegWeb. I used the Morningstar vegan steak strips for the "beef" and left out the horseradish, but I had to bake it for closer to 2 hours for the potatoes to get soft. I also ended up just mixing the flour into the dish (instead of separating everything from the broth so the flour could get mixed with that for gravy). It was good, though I'm not sure I'd make it again (or if I did, I'd definitely pre-boil the potatoes so it wouldn't take so long). The leftovers were great, though; this is another dish that seems to be better as leftovers haha.


Here's "if-I-fits-I-sits" Cringer; she really wanted to share the top of the cat tower with Daisy...



Peace. :)

2 comments:

  1. Way to VEGANIZE!!!!!

    If I FITS I SITS - love it!!! You should make shirts that say that! bwahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! I can't take credit for the phrase, but those would definitely make awesome shirts, haha! :D

      Delete