Pages

Friday, March 10, 2017

March MiniMoFo: Baked Stuffed Shells (Vegan Vittles)

Hi everyone! March's MiniMoFo theme is "stuffed and filled foods" -- aka, the prompting I needed to finally make vegan stuffed shells! I used the recipe in Vegan Vittles, halving it, with some further modifications: using Chipotle Vegenaise instead of a plain vegan mayonnaise, Italian seasoning (which included basil) instead of just basil, only 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce, and some FYH vegan mozzarella (shredded) instead of vegan Parmesan. The stuffed shells turned out great, but definitely spicy due to the Chipotle Vegenaise haha! Zach liked them, too, so I'll definitely make these again for us! (They are also great as leftovers.)


In other news, the PAN Vegan Pledge is going well! There are 22 people taking the pledge -- so many that some mentors, myself included, were assigned two people to mentor! On Saturday, we're having a first week celebration dinner at Thai L'Elephant, a restaurant in town with a vegan section in their menu.


I've been continuing to attend the Tuesday protests in Phoenixville; this week, I made a new, double-sided sign using the cardboard of a cereal box (it was raining at the start & I didn't want my bigger sign to get wet -- this one was small enough for me to hold safely under my umbrella).




Here are Leela and Buttons being sunshine kitties ...



Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the MiniMoFo push! I totally missed that! Oops! And THANK YOU for making democracy WORK! Looking forward to hearing more on the protests you are attending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! The protest planned for 3/14 got canceled because of the snow, but I'll be back at it this coming Tuesday! :D

      Delete
  2. I love your crafty sign from a cereal box, very clever!
    With everything that has gone down, I haven't made any mini mofo prompts so far this year. Would probably be good for me to start playing along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! Looking forward to seeing your MiniMoFo posts whenever you join in! :)

      Delete
  3. Those stuffed shells look out of this world! Using chipotle mayo sounds delicious!
    So proud of you for the protesting. Hope you haven't gotten any more fingers!
    Gorgeous sun bathers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; they were so good! Yeah, I'm hoping that as the weather gets nicer, people's moods will improve, so maybe that will mean less fingers, haha! :)

      Delete
  4. Those stuffed shells look so good! I don't know where to get my hands on giant pasta shells like that, much to my disappointment, but one day I'll recreate them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hopefully you'll be able to find some! :)

      Delete