Pages

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Vegan Easter 2017

Hi everyone! On Sunday, Zach & I hosted Easter. For a snack, we had Miyoko's chive & garlic herb cheeses with crackers... 


Next was an Easter vegetable soup (we also had rolls, made by Zach’s mom)…


And for dinner, we had: 

Tofurky ham!

Roasted red potatoes (made by my mom)

Boiled potatoes with caramelized onions & dill

Roasted asparagus (with canola oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper)

And green beans (also by my mom)

Here’s a picture of my full plate… 



Dessert was a messy but yummy chocolate mousse pie with So Delicious coco whip to top it off, but I forgot to take a picture!

Here are Cringer and Daisy being sunshine kitties in the doorway…



Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. You're the first person I've seen try the tofurky ham! How was it, it looks great. I know a lot of people make fun, but I love the tofurky roasts. It looks like a delicious meal, lots of potatoes!!
    It looks like Daisy is like Joan and likes to have toys nearby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Tofurky ham was so good & the glaze was perfect; I think I actually liked it more than the roast! And yes, you can never have too many potatoes, haha! Daisy definitely likes to keep toys nearby -- the green mouse in the photo has since been retired; I noticed the stuffing was starting to come out while she was playing with it! :O

      Delete
  2. WOW! What a FEAST! Nice! I'm in LOVE with your server bowl - wood or bamboo - either way - LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! And yep, it's bamboo! :)

      Delete
  3. We don't have the Tofurky ham here (yet... hopefully it will make its way down eventually), but I am suspicious of the beer glaze. Is it very strong in the beer tasting?
    I made the tofu ham from Superfun Times, which was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't realize it was a beer glaze until I read the box more closely after putting it in the oven, haha! I am not a beer person at all, so I was a bit skeptical, but it was really good, and I didn't notice a strong beer taste, either.
      Your tofu ham sounds awesome! :D

      Delete