Pages

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Pineapple Juice Popsicles with Peaches & Strawberries

Hi everyone! Yesterday I made pineapple juice popsicles. I blended together ¾ cup pineapple juice, 1 cup frozen diced peaches, 1 cup frozen strawberries, and ¼ cup water. 


They turned out really well; I had one today as I took a break from making pickles! I’ve been harvesting lots of cucumbers from my garden…


37 cucumbers so far!

Oh, and I realized I haven’t posted much art here lately… whoops… but I’ve been doing a sketch a day this summer (mostly looking through old animal books and using the illustrations and photos therein as visual guides), and here’s one that turned out nicely. I sketched this using an ultra fine point sharpie and then colored it in with colored pencils. 




Here’s Cringer sleeping next to a bag of potatoes! 



Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. A lovely drawing. :)
    I am impressed by all those cucumbers! You have a green thumb indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! :) I can't believe how many cucumbers I've been getting this year!

      Delete
  2. What a great drawing! You are so talented!! I'm loving all of your ice pops. They look so delicious and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! :) The ice pops have been so fun to make!

      Delete
  3. Great fruit combination for the popsicles, they sound lovely! I bought a set for making my own popsicles last summer, and it was probably one of the best decisions I ever made.

    I love your art work too - incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've definitely gotten good use out of my popsicle set, haha! :)

      Delete
  4. Awwwwww such a cute picture of your kitty with the potatoes! :-)
    I'm in the middle of winter, so I can't quite stomach the idea of a popsicle atm hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandy; she always sleeps in such funny places!
      Hope you're keeping warm! :)

      Delete