Pages

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Raspberry Lemonade Popsicles

Hi everyone! This week I made my second attempt at raspberry lemonade popsicles. I blended together 1/8 cup sugar, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 3/4 cup water, and 1 cup frozen raspberries. They turned out alright but next time I’m going to increase the amount of raspberries, decrease the amount of water, and maybe just cut out the sugar altogether, haha!


Also, here’s a look at my garden so far! Most noticeable are the cucumber plants, but there are tomato plants and carrots, too. I recently replanted the snow peas (because the rabbits and/or groundhogs got to them when they were little sprouts) and the kale (because the first round died). I planted pepper seeds as well, so we’ll see how that goes!



Here’s Daisy being her silly little self -- I caught her sitting like this at the top of the stairs earlier this week...





Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. Raspberry Lemon pops sound yummy.

    It might be too late in the season for the peas. I know there is a tip where you spray the soil during the summer with cold water to trick the seeds into thinking it is spring time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! Yeah, I'm still holding out hope for my snow peas, but it looks like only one has sprouted from my most recent planting. There's always next time! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh the popsicles sound delicious and refreshing. Your garden looks great, I'm always so jealous of people that can maintain a garden. It must be so satisfying to be able to walk outside, pick some veggies and go back inside and make dinner.

    Sweet Daisy! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! It really is so nice to be able to grow your own veggies! The cucumbers are the easiest for me to grow, and the first ones are almost ready for me to harvest! I'm thinking about trying to pickle some this year! :D

      Delete
  3. Your garden looks so cool! I had a veggie garden built, but never did anything with it. I love the idea of growing my own veggies, but I just hate actual gardening. It's OK, I have come to accept it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! Yeah, my least favorite part of gardening is getting bit by mosquitoes while I'm out there. I feel like it's some sort of toll I have to pay in order to harvest my veggies!

      Delete