Pages

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles… and Blobfest!

Hi everyone! Have you heard of the 1958 movie The Blob? In case you havent, here’s the trailer…


Parts of it were actually filmed here in Phoenixville, most notably the scene where everyone is running out of the movie theater to escape the Blob! So, naturally, every year, Phoenixville celebrates Blobfest, a three-day commemoration of this nugget of local history. On Friday night, participants re-enact the run-out from the Colonial Theatre. Here’s a video of this year’s Run Out, which took place last night…



Saturday is then packed full of Blobfest activities (see the full schedule here). The Streetfair stretches for a block on Bridge Street, with food, music, a bunch of old cars, and vendors selling various crafts, art, spooky things, and vintage stuff...











Several shops in town paint their windows and other buildings get decorated for Blobfest. Here are some that I saw on Bridge Street...







The Colonial Theatre shows The Blob and several other old horror movies on both Saturday and Sunday, but since I’m not much of a horror movie person, I made strawberry lemonade popsicles as my little way of celebrating Blobfest! The frozen strawberries (2 cups), lemon juice (½ cup), water (½ cup), and sugar (2 T) looked a bit blob-like when they got blended together.



I had one of the popsicles when I got back from my brief walk around the Streetfair; it was nice and refreshing!



Leela likes to nap in this closet, and sometimes she sticks her paw out rather dramatically. 



Taking a picture woke her up, but then I was able to get this really cute shot of her!


Peace. :)

2 comments:

  1. Blobfest looks like so much fun! What a cute town! I love it and the theatre is so cute. Definitely sounds like a great way to spend the day.

    Strawberry lemonade is my favorite so these popsicles sound amazing to me. I bet they were so refreshing. I should give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun, except that I cannot watch horror movies in more. I get scared so easily, hee hee. I like your way of celebrating much better!

    ReplyDelete