Pages

Friday, August 4, 2017

Spaghetti & Meatballs & More

Hi everyone! This week I tried the new Lightlife veggie meatballs...


...and I think these are officially my favorite vegan meatballs! They were really good! 



In garden news, my cucumber harvest total is at 80! This week, I pulled up half of the cucumber plants to make room for some broccoli. Last year's broccoli didn't do well in the heat, so I'm hoping that planting it later will help. I also planted snow pea, kale, and cauliflower seeds, so we'll see how that goes. Oh, and I checked, but the carrots aren't ready to be harvested yet, so I still need to wait a bit more for them. The cherry tomatoes should be ready soon, though!


Here's Daisy guarding one of the cucumbers...




And here's another sharpie & colored pencil sketch...



P.S. Buttons got the all-clear at her follow-up appointment on Monday; they had to lightly sedate her in order to get a good look in her mouth since she was being incredibly squirmy, but they said everything looks fine!


Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. Your sketches are seriously incredible, you are so talented! You have the cutest cucumber guard ever :) 80!!! That's amazing, you have a very productive garden! Those meatballs look delicious. Who says vegans eat boring food!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah! :D Now I'm up to 89 cucumbers, haha! The meatballs were so good!

      Delete
  2. So glad that Buttons is OK!
    We just got Lightlife products here, I bought the BBQ riblets, but I haven't used them yet. I will keep an eye out for the meatballs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! :)
      Nice! But, do you maybe mean Morningstar? I've had their BBQ riblets, but I haven't seen any by Lightlife. (But if Lightlife has them, too, that's awesome!)

      Delete
  3. See cat's aren't afraid of cucumbers! Man- you a cucumber queen! 80?! I am guessing you are pickling some? I can't image eating half of those. I barely get to eat the one I get from my CSA XD
    That drawing is super cute! Can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! :D Yep, I've been pickling some -- I'm planning to do another batch this weekend -- and giving others away to family and neighbors! But I've still been eating at least a cucumber a day, sometimes two if they're smaller.

      Delete