Pages

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Cranberry Wild Rice Pilaf (Taste of Home)

Hi everyone! Today's Vegan MoFo prompt is "Unconventional grains," so I decided to make a cranberry wild rice pilaf (the original recipe can be found here; obviously be sure to use a vegan chicken broth and vegan butter). Pearl barley, a second unconventional grain, is another main ingredient in this recipe. 


The pilaf turned out really well and was a nice lunch today.



Here's my Inktober sketch...



And here's Cringer up in the cat tower this morning...



Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. I love pearl barley! This sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny; pearl barley is definitely awesome! :)

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious. I love grain salads! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hillary; this is a recipe I know I'll certainly make again soon! :)

      Delete
  3. Man it has been a really long time since I've had wild rice. I miss that toothsome texture.

    ReplyDelete