Pages

Friday, March 8, 2019

Eggless Salad with Black Salt (Protest Kitchen)

Hi everyone! The new recipe I tried this week was again from Protest Kitchen. The eggless salad was super simple to make, and I made slight modifications, using a can of chickpeas (which came to around 1 ¼ cups instead of the 1 cup the recipe called for) and only ¼ cup of vegan mayo. It was delicious, and I’ll definitely make this recipe again!

eggless salad bagel sandwich

leftover eggless salad with leftover broccoli tater tot casserole (broccoli corn casserole with tater tots in place of the creamed corn, plus some soy milk and Daiya cheddar shreds)

Here’s a sleepy Cringer… 



Peace. :)

12 comments:

  1. Oooh the egg salad sounds great and OMG I love how you added tots to the broccoli corn casserole! That sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! The tots were definitely a fun addition -- especially when I realized I was out of creamed corn right before making the casserole, lol! :D

      Delete
  2. I love eggless salad, tater tots, broccoli, and probably everything else about what you've prepared! I just bought some tater tots that were on sale and I'm SO EXCITED to get to use them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding tots to the casserole is pretty dang brilliant!!
    Hi pretty Cringer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hillary; the tots worked so well in the casserole! I always get such cute pictures of Cringer when she's sleepy! :D

      Delete
  4. Mmm... looks yummy. I remember my first vegan "egg" or maybe it was "tuna" salad was made with frozen tofu. Still pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! That sounds like a good way to do it, too! :)

      Delete
  5. Eggless salad is somehow crazy amazing with black salt! I swear i’ve had the same tiny container of black salt forever, seems i only ever use it in the tiniest pinches.
    That casserole sounds like the perfect comfort food dish!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Black salt is so awesome in vegan egg recipes, and the casserole was definitely great comfort food! :)

      Delete
  6. You are making good work through that book! I still haven't made anything yet.

    I would like to slide down next to Cringer and have a nap too please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! Cringer loves having nap buddies! :D

      Delete