Pages

Friday, March 1, 2019

Five-Spice Baked Tofu (Protest Kitchen)

Hi everyone! For dinner last night, I made the five-spice baked tofu from Protest Kitchen; it was my first time using Chinese five-spice powder, but it certainly won’t be my last! The tofu was good, though quite salty, so next time I will use less soy sauce than is called for in the recipe. 

served over white rice with peas & carrots

Here’s Rogue, resting on the couch (she snuggled in next to Zach)… 


Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. That sounds so good! I actually have some five spice powder and I'm never quite sure what to do with it!!
    Rogue is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hillary! I'm looking forward to finding more ways to use it; it's such a fun seasoning! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh that dish looks incredible! Cutting down on the soy sauce will definitely make it that much better, it's a bummer when dishes are overwhelmed by salt.

    Sweet Rogue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Rogue is such a cutie when she's sleepy! :)

      Delete
  3. I love Five Spice Powder and I'm probably more into salt than most people, so this looks like it's right up my alley! There is a stew a Chinese friend of mine taught me to make that used five spice powder and it was so good. I wonder if I could veganize that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stew sounds great; I'd love to see how it turns out if you veganize it! :)

      Delete
  4. Five Spice is my favourite spice blend, I want to use it in all the ways! Good to know about the saltiness, I will keep this in mind when I finally make it. I don't want the salt to overtake my precious five spice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it when you make it! :)

      Delete