Pages

Friday, February 22, 2019

Three Sisters Soup (Protest Kitchen)

Hi everyone! Last night I tried another recipe from Protest Kitchen – the three sisters soup; it was simple and certainly tasted good, but it was not very filling. Today I added a cup of orzo to the leftovers, which helped improve things! 


Here’s Leela, being her cute little self... 


Peace. :)

12 comments:

  1. Leela is a cute little self indeed! <3
    Good to know about the soup, I'll add something to it if I get around to making it. I like things to fill me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! I think rice or barley would also work well as additions! :)

      Delete
  2. Pasta definitely helps make light soups more filling. It looks good, regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before going gluten free orzo was my favorite thing to add to soups!!
    Hi Leela, you look deep in thought!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love orzo, but the only gluten-free orzo I've tried was made from chickpea flour and it just didn't work for me! Yep, she was settling in to enjoy the sunshine and making sure she'd picked a good spot! :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh adding the orzo sounds perfect! I haven't had orzo in a long time and now I think I need it in my life! That picture of Leela is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah; orzo is great! Leela is always so patient when I take pictures of her! :)

      Delete
  5. Leela looks so comfy! And it has been definitely soup weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! Yep, it's soup weather for sure! :)

      Delete
  6. I always start out making soup but then again I really like to have a bowl as a meal so i add less liquid and more stuff and always end up with more of a stew! The three sisters is a great classic combo, but yeah, either needs a side half sandwich or more stuff in the soup. Good call on the orzo addition
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same here; I definitely tend to prefer my soups being more stew-like! :)

    ReplyDelete