Hi everyone! Today I tried a recipe from Vegan MoFo 2015, shared over at vegan in your city., for Leniwe Peiroshki. I love pierogi, but I don’t make them often enough, so this “lazy” version was perfect and delicious!
Here’s Cringer, concentrating very hard as she tries to will more cat food into her empty bowls…
Peace. :)
I really like your theme! Some VeganMoFos have been so busy that I'm sure I've missed a lot of great recipes. I've only made pierogi once -- I loved them but they did take quite a while to make, so I appreciate the lazy version! :) These look like excellent comfort food.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Bonnie! It was much quicker to make this way, and definitely great comfort food! :)
DeleteLazy pierogies sound like they'd be right up my alley! I go the super lazy route and just buy the vegan ones sold in the refrigerated section of one of my local markets, but I imagine even lazy ones would taste better than those because they're homemade.
ReplyDeleteI haven't found any vegan pierogi in stores yet, but once I do, I know I'll be all over them, haha! :D
DeleteGreat idea - I also lack the time and motivation to make proper pierogi from scratch!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jenny; these were really fun & easy to make! :)
DeleteThese look delicious! I've never even thought to try and make my own pierogies!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of Cringer!!!
Thanks, Hillary; they were quite tasty! Cringer looked so serious and focused; I had to get a picture of her like that before filling her bowl! :)
DeleteI don't think I've ever made pierogis. I always get a bit overwhelmed with making any sort of small dumpling/etc. I almost made them once, I was all set, but then it ended up being a 45dC day and hot night and melty pastry sounded awful so we made a bunch of salads instead. These 'lazy' versions sound a lot easier!
ReplyDeleteAlso, can you please feed that poor cat. She is clearly wasting away from hunger. ;)
Yeah, I keep wanting to make vegetable dumplings, but I always feel too intimidated!
DeleteCringer is quite silly; interestingly, after Buttons died, Cringer took on many of her roles -- most noticeably, being the vocal one at food times and always acting so dramatic when her bowls are empty! :)
It is bittersweet to see how they adapt when one of our babies moves on.
DeleteIt really is. <3
DeleteOooh those look so amazing! I'm in agreement with all of the above, I never thought to make my own and I definitely know I would be too lazy to actually attempt. These sound amazing and I love anything geared toward laziness, ha!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sarah; I always gravitate toward lazy recipes! :)
Delete