I used some in a sandwich; it made a lovely lunch…
| Served with chips and pickles. |
Another harvest…
Here’s an Inktober sketch…
This week has been a bit stressful; long story short, there were several vet visits (including an ultrasound at the emergency vet), and Leela was diagnosed with IBD. The vet wants her on prescription food to help with her digestion, but Leela’s appetite hasn’t been great and the new food is bland (kind of the point, but still), so she’s on an appetite stimulant and allowed to have additional non-prescription food for now. Knocking on wood, she’s eating better today, so I’m optimistic that things are improving. Here are some pictures of Leela from this week…
Peace. :)
Poor sweet Leela! I have all my fingers and toes crossed, and my girls have all their little toes crossed too. Give her love from all of us!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you liked the chickpea salad! I'm going to be making it again myself this week to have with salads!
I love your sketch so much. It's really, really beautiful! You are SO talented!!!
Hugs to you and Leela!
Thanks so much, Hillary! Leela has been eating a lot better the past few days (especially yesterday!), so I'm starting to slowly transition her onto her special food today. Thanks for the hugs! <3
DeleteAwww poor Leela! I hope that she is getting used to her new food and feeling better.
ReplyDeleteThe chickpea salad looks amazing and the full plate looks so appetizing!! What a great harvest and your sketch is so beautiful. I agree with Hillary, you are so talented!
Thank you, Sarah; Leela is definitely feeling better and is doing well so far with transitioning onto her new food!
DeleteThe chickpea salad was great; I'll definitely have to make it again soon! Glad you liked the sketch; I've been having fun playing with different colors! :)
That looks like a great meal! Poor kitty.
ReplyDeleteThanks; it really was a great meal! I'd been so worried about Leela last week, but she is doing much better now! :)
DeleteOh sweet Leela! I hope she picks up her appetite soon. Feel free to message me if you need to talk anything through, I have dealt with a lot of IBD cases with my clients. But sounds like your vet is on the ball with everything. <3
ReplyDeleteThank you, Susan! Leela's appetite picked up earlier this week; the last time we gave her the appetite stimulant was Saturday, and we haven't needed to give it again! Today she's at a 50/50 mix of her old food and her new food for IBD. The vet wants her to finish taking the steroid that was prescribed and then wean her off it, so fingers crossed everything continues to go well! <3
DeletePS - I love that drawing!
ReplyDeleteThanks; it was fun to draw! :)
Delete