And here’s one of my harvests this week – I got a bunch of snow peas and my first (and probably only) pepper!
Here are some more of my Inktober sketches…
| a bloodhound (original image) |
| a little creeper |
| some jars |
| a chilly witch |
And now it’s time to introduce… a new kitty! Zach and I have been thinking for a while about adopting another cat, and it’s been almost a year since Buttons died. Cringer and Daisy still play with each other, but they seem to miss having another cat to play with (Leela has absolutely no interest in playing with them like Buttons did). We’ve been looking around at adoptable cats for some time now, and we finally put in an application last week. We heard back that we’d been approved, so we met and took this cutie home on Sunday…
Her name is Rogue; her foster told us that the rescue (Noah’s Ark Rescue Project and Sanctuary) pulled her from ACCT Philly. She had five kittens (they have all been adopted) and is spayed now. She is still very young (~1 year old) and very energetic and playful. We’re keeping her in her own room and doing slow introductions with the other cats; we really hope they will get along well!
Peace. :)
That is a lovely cake, and a lovely, lovely cat!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Joey! :)
DeleteOMG I love Rogue!! She is one gorgeous gal! She looks super ornery and ready to play, play, play! I hope everyone loves everyone!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Hillary! Rogue is definitely ready to play! We're still taking our time with the introductions, but yesterday when we were playing with her and Daisy on opposite sides of the room, she bounded over and bopped Daisy on the head! :)
DeleteOh also, I love the bloodhound sketch. They are one of my favorites!
ReplyDeleteThanks; they have such sweet faces! :)
DeleteOMG hi Rogue!!! How adorable!!! I hope that they all have the best time playing together.
ReplyDeleteThat cake looks GORGEOUS and absolutely delicious! The sketches are all amazing, I especially love the pup and the kitty! You are so talented!
Thanks so much, Sarah! Rogue is super excited to play with them, but they are still warming up to her; Daisy enjoys playing in the same room as Rogue but is unsure about actually playing with her, haha! :)
DeleteYour cake turned out so well! And Rogue is adorable.
ReplyDeleteThank you; the cake was delicious, and Rogue continues to be adorable! :)
DeleteOMG she is beautiful!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Susan; she really is, and such a sweetheart, too! :)
DeleteWhat a pretty kitty. I always want to adopt another, but my cat wouldn't be too keen. lol
ReplyDeleteThat cake looks pretty epic as well.
Thanks, Jennifer; the cake was quite epic! And yeah, Cringer's hissed a couple times at Rogue (when meeting her through a gap in the door), but there wasn't any hissing at their most recent encounter, so I think it's just a matter of time! :)
Delete