I also made a batch of BBQ cauliflower bites (1 cup BBQ sauce, 1 tsp hot sauce) with a single serving of mac & cheese that I put way too much turmeric in (I don’t know what possessed me to do 1 tsp, next time I’ll just do ¼ tsp haha). Other than the too much turmeric, though, it was a good meal overall.
For dinner on Friday, Zach and I went to Blackbird Pizzeria; it’s been so long since I’ve been there (though this was at their new location), so it was a real treat! We got two slices of the haymaker pizza, cheese fries, and a seitan cheesesteak. Everything was really good; the pizza was delicious (and Zach’s favorite; he said that he liked that it was a bit spicy), the cheese fries were fun, and of course the cheesesteak is simply a classic must-have, though very messy to share and eat, haha!
Here are some of the sketches I did this week…
| carrot (original photo) |
| cauliflower (original photo) |
| celery (original photo) |
| corn (original photo) |
And here’s a close-up of Daisy…
P.S. I finally signed up for Vegan MoFo; I’m going to be doing my own monthly theme: Bookmarked Recipes of Vegan MoFo Past! If you haven’t signed up yet, you only have until August 24, so don’t procrastinate too much longer!
Peace. :)
That cheesesteak looks amazing! I'll have to branch out from HipCityVeg next time I'm in Philadelphia. And Daisy seems cuddly; I love a cuddly kitty.
ReplyDeleteThanks; definitely check out Blackbird Pizzeria when you get the chance! I haven't been to HipCityVeg yet, but it's on my list of places to try! Yep, Daisy is very cuddly! :)
DeleteI wish to boop Daisy's snoot!
ReplyDeleteBlackbird is definitely on my wish list of places to eat.
Hehe!
DeleteHopefully you will get to experience the awesomeness of Blackbird someday! :)
Now those are what I call...COMFORT MEALS!
ReplyDeleteThanks; it was a lot of good comfort food for sure! :)
DeleteYey Mofo! And Yey Blackbird! XD I love that place
ReplyDeleteBlackbird is the best! :D
DeleteOMG everything looks so incredible!! The food at Blackbird Pizza looks so good, I wouldn't know how to choose! Love your sketches and sweet Daisy!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sarah! It's so tough to decide what to order, but Blackbird has a great menu, so you really can't go wrong! Glad you enjoyed the sketches and Daisy's curious sniff of my camera haha! :D
Delete