Hi everyone! Thanksgiving morning was a little drizzly, but Zach and I took a nice walk up by Reservoir Park...
I tried this French onion dip from Kite Hill, and it was really good with potato chips!
We caught up with family on phone calls and Zoom and had a lovely dinner that was very low-stress to prepare: Tofurky roast with butternut squash, Daiya mac & cheese with corn, and onion potatoes...
On Friday, we met up with a friend at Valley Forge...
She'd gotten me this adorable shirt and so many buttons!
Then Zach and I took a drive to try two new places! First up was Crust Vegan Bakery; I ordered the cookies & cream cookie sandwich, white chocolate and macadamia nut cookie, and apple cider donut, and Zach got the jalapeno cheddar bagel bomb...
Then we went to HipCityVeg, where I ordered chicken nuggets, sweet potato fries, and the Crispy HipCity Ranch, plus the HipCity sauce. Zach got the Disco Chick'n and the quinoa chili. Everything was amazing, and I already want to go back again!
My mom and dad stopped by to sing "Happy Birthday" through the door, and my mom had made me a chocolate applesauce cake, which was delicious!
Here's Daisy enjoying the empty gift bag when I was done opening presents...
Peace. :)




















Aw, I love the shirt!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Birthday! I'm glad you got to have cake and be sung to, even if through a screen door!
Thanks, Hillary! It was a different sort of birthday for sure, but nice in its own way! :)
DeleteOh, and that Kite Hill dip is so freaking good!!!
ReplyDeleteDaisy, you really have the sweetest face!!
I finished off the Kite Hill dip yesterday; it was so good, and I'm definitely going to have to get it again sometime!
DeleteYes, she really does! :D
HipCityVeg is my absolute favorite restaurant! Everything is always AMAZING there, except perhaps the chick'n tenders--they are good, but I think they're just Gardein, unlike the rest of their chick'n. Be forewarned.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a great Thanksgiving meal. Yum!
Thanks for the heads-up about the chicken tenders; they weren't on the menu that we saw (we went to the one in Radnor), but good to know in case they add them! :)
Delete