They were both good, but I preferred the black bean soup; it was tastier and more filling than the split-pea.
Saturday’s Firebird Festival was awesome – it was snowing all day, so there was less of a crowd than usual, but I loved it! I always enjoy it more when the weather’s “bad” – the past two years were a little too “nice” for my liking, haha! I took a ton of photos (these are just a few of them), and it was an incredible experience as always.
| Zach and I marched with the parade crowd, which was lots of fun. |
| And then we found a spot fairly close to the firebird. |
| There were these really cool mini “tornadoes” blowing around. |
| The head falling. |
| Once it had burned low enough, everyone climbed over the netting to get closer. |
Here are the snuggly sisters…
And Leela’s keeping warm, too…
Peace. :)
Wow, what amazing pictures from the festival!! I bet it was an amazing experience! The soups sound really good too, tis definitely the season for warming soup :) Love those gorgeous faces!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sarah! It really is an amazing experience! :)
DeleteAwwwww your cats!!! <3 <3 <3 The festival looks fierce and fiery! As for soup.... I haven't seen those over here. They both sound delicious, especially the split pea and potato. Perfect season for hot potato dishes quite honestly. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Janyce! There have been so many adorable kitty cuddles recently! :)
DeleteYum the black bean soup sounds really good. And of course I always love a good split pea and potato soup!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures from the festival.
Sweet kitties!
Thanks, Hillary! The black bean soup was definitely good; it's so fun finding new soups to try! :)
DeleteI love seeing your photos of the festival. I always want to go but I am just too busy this time of the year (plus a little further than I would normally travel)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jennifer! The festival is definitely one of my favorite things about Phoenixville! :)
Delete