Pages

Friday, May 24, 2019

Join the Club Sandwich (Veganize It!)

Hi everyone! This week I made the “Join the Club Sandwich” from Veganize It! I wasn’t up for making the hamish loaf, so I just used Tofurky deli slices, but I did make the tempeh bacon, and it was so good! The club sandwich turned out delicious, though quite messy to eat, and I didn’t dare try to cut it into triangles (I didn’t have long enough toothpicks to keep everything together, haha). 


Here’s little miss Rogue, demander of cuddles… 


Peace. :)

10 comments:

  1. I;ve never had a non vegan club, but I remember making a vegan version awhile ago and I loved it!! I don't think gluten free bread would hold up though.
    Rogue definitely looks like she's demanding something!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The non-vegan clubs I'd had before never included avocado, so that was something fun in this version! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, that sandwich looks amazing! I was just saying in another comment that I always forget about just having a good old fashioned sandwich for lunch and now I really need to get on that. Yours looks amazing. Sweet Rogue!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Sandwiches really are the perfect lunch! :)

      Delete
  3. Cuddle that kitty!!!

    I have also made this sandwich (but haven't blogged it yet) and I used Tofurky ham slices instead of making the ham. Club sandwiches are so fun! They are one of my favourites to order when I am out at places, I've had some great ones on my US travels. I don't see many vegan club sandwiches in Australia except for one place in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Tofurky, but I have attempted to make ham before and it was sort of disastrous. Does the hamish loaf mostly consist of wheat gluten?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, wheat gluten and white beans, and a long list of spices! :)

      Delete
  5. I've been reading a book about Jewish foods, and it does make me want a nice deli sandwich. Mmm... at some point I want to make that hammish loaf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good; there are a bunch of additional recipes in Veganize It! that use the hamish loaf! :)

      Delete