Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Catching Up After Vegan MoFo

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well! I’ve set a goal for myself to write at least 400 words each day, Monday to Friday. I decided that blog posts can count toward that, so if you don’t see a post from me, you can assume I’m working on some other writing haha! So, first up today: I realized I never shared my food pictures from Phoenixville VegFest, so let’s remedy that, shall we? Zach got a ham sandwich with coconut bacon, as well as some cheese fries…



I got the loaded pierogies from the Vegan Voyagers food truck (super fun!)…



And Alena got the cheesesteak from VBQ



Of course we stood in line for Vegan Treats; I got this cute chocolate cupcake with cream cheese filling (yum!)… 



And this funnel cake donut, which was amazing… 


In garden news, I’ve been making lots of pickles; here are the four jars I made in August… 



And here are some cute friends from the yard and garden…



On Saturday I went to the farmers market to pick up some apple cider from North Star Orchard for Zach, and I took this picture of one of my favorite murals in town… 


On Sunday, I went to Seed & Soil again, this time with my sister and her husband. For my drink, I got another watermelon lemonade, though I was curious about the cucumber mint limeade (new on the menu); perhaps I’ll have to try that next time! 


For food, I got the Beyond Italian sausage and also tried the garlic parmesan cauliflower wings (the other options are BBQ and buffalo). The sausage was so, so good, and I absolutely loved the pretzel roll it was served on! The cauliflower wings were really good, too; the garlic parmesan was a fun variation that I’d never had before! 



I also got to hang out some more with sweet Pola and Hobbs…



And finally, since other people have been sharing their fun grocery hauls, I figured I would share the goodies from my quick trip to Kimberton Whole Foods today… 



I’m hoping to get back into sketching this month, so some of those will hopefully make an appearance in future posts! I’ll still aim to try at least one new recipe a week, too; this week’s will be a rice salad with avocado dressing, a recipe my aunt clipped out for me!

Here is a silly Daisy, paused mid-groom… 



Peace. :)

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good goal! I'm surprised you got a photo of that rabbit. I try to take photos of rabbits when I see them and they always hop away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I was so happy to get a picture of the little rabbit -- it helped that I was able to zoom in quite a bit, haha! :D

      Delete
  2. What a cutie kitty and a cutie bunny!
    That is a good goal for writing, and good that you are letting a variety of outlets count towards it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and the rest of it! I got overwhelmed. A good haul. And the food looks so yummy. And a cute pupper. And a cute bug.
    The loaded pierogis sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! The loaded pierogies were awesome -- so much cheese and chili that I had to dig to find the pierogies, haha! :D

      Delete
  4. OMG that food all looks so delicious! I could never choose what looks best (although the cheese fries and pierogis might be frontrunners, ha!). The animals are all too adorable! It is cuteness overload <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah; everything was amazing, so it's definitely hard to pick a favorite, haha! And yay, cuteness overload! :D

      Delete
  5. Looks so yummy! I have yet to try some beyond sausages but I want to so bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! The Beyond sausage was so good; I hope you get to try it soon! :)

      Delete