Made some peanut butter noodles and veggies…
Finally tried the carrot-cucumber salad from Food for Dissertating, which was super delicious…
![]() |
| Served with white rice and Gardein’s mandarin orange crispy chick’n |
And improvised a green bean casserole with pole beans from my garden. It turned out alright, but I used too much creamy mushroom soup, so I’ll probably cook some pasta tonight to add to the leftovers…
Leela was not happy about going back to the vet so soon after her wellness exam, but she was having mouth pain and not eating as much as she usually does, so we brought her in yesterday morning. The vet found a sore in her mouth at the back of her upper left jaw, so she was given antibiotic and steroid injections.
We have to give her prednisolone for two weeks and she’s scheduled for a recheck on October 10, but she’s already eating a lot better and seems to be experiencing less discomfort, so we’re optimistic! She joined me for some meditating this morning…
The praying mantis decided to switch it up, moving to hang out with my pepper plant and the kale…
And the little bun says hello…
Here are two pictures I took of the French Creek in Phoenixville, the first from the low bridge (Main Street), the second from the high bridge (Gay Street), both looking west…
A squirrel sketch I did this week…
And sweet Daisy, taking a selfie, hehe…
Peace. :)












Cute squirrel! And cute blurry Daisy!
ReplyDeleteI am glad Leela is feeling a bit better with her medications, poor girl. She really does look very meditative in that second photo.
Thanks, Susan! Leela's been doing well this week, so I'm happy! :)
DeleteYAY!
DeleteHooray for carrot-cucumber salad! I'm pretty sure I've had that exact meal before.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I feel like I remember one of the more recent times you shared it, that it was this same combination, hehe! :D
DeleteAww sweet Leela, I hope she feels better soon! What a great sketch! Everything looks so delicious and yay for fall!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Sarah! Leela seems to be feeling a lot better! :)
DeleteMmmm....green bean casserole! I got a bunch of green beans this year from my CSA and I can't keep up. So I've been blanching and freezing, and plan to make a green bean casserole for thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteYum, green bean casserole will be perfect for Thanksgiving! :)
Delete