Pages

Friday, December 6, 2019

Leela Update

We said goodbye to our dear sweet Leela on Wednesday.

Tuesday morning, we’d gotten confirmation from another vet that not only was the growth in her mouth almost definitely cancer, but that it had gotten significantly worse and started spreading. By Tuesday night, Leela had stopped eating and drinking again, even while on the pain medication that had helped last time.

We had one last night of cuddles in bed with Leela, and even though we knew it was the right thing to do, it was so heartbreakingly difficult to bring her to the vet to be put to sleep when morning rolled around.

My sister Alena came over Wednesday afternoon to keep me company when Zach had to get back to work. On Monday, I’d tried the pierogies I’d gotten from V Marks the Shop, so we had the leftovers for lunch, adding mustard to the kielbasa. 


my pic from Monday’s lunch; served with Tofurky kielbasa, sauerkraut, and homemade pickles

Later, I made mac & cheese for dinner; there were enough leftovers for lunch yesterday and today, so that was nice. 

elbow macaroni, soy milk, Daiya mozzarella shreds, nutritional yeast, turmeric, with frozen mixed veg and Boca chik’n added in

After dinner, Alena headed home and I left for D&D; Zach and I agreed that it would be good for us to get out of the house for a bit that night. Someone from the group brought a vegan banana bread with berries; she does a lot of baking but rarely vegan, so she’d made this with me in mind, which was super sweet of her. I had a slice during D&D and took another slice home for my snack on Thursday; it was really good. 


Here are the last pictures Leela posed for… 





As always, peace…

6 comments:

  1. No!!! I am so, so sorry. I know how that pain is, and how it is but doesn't feel like the right thing.
    Leela was a very beautiful girl, and I loved meeting her through your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor Leela and poor you! I'm glad to know you have been giving yourself space to take care of yourself and let other people take care of you. Losses like these really knock you off kilter for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; it's been tough getting back into the swing of things, and I'm doing my best to take my time <3

      Delete
  3. I am so so so sorry. Sending you so many hugs (if you are a hugger) and a lot of love from across the world. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete