Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Food with Friends, V Marks the Shop, Vegan Treats, and Aldi

Hi everyone! I’ve got lots of good food for today’s post! On Saturday I went with a friend to South Philadelphia Tap Room for brunch; I ordered the vegan chicken & French toast! 


After that, we stopped at V Marks the Shop, and I picked up some goodies – not pictured are more pierogies of course! The mac & cheese was amazing (I’ll definitely get it again), and the ramen was my favorite from this brand so far. I haven’t gotten to try the cauliflower sauce yet, but I’m looking forward to it!


On Sunday, Zach and I went to dinner at Uno Pizzeria with a couple friends from D&D; I got the vegan cheese pizza, which was simple but good! 



And on Saturday, Zach picked up some Vegan Treats for us to share, so we’ve been enjoying these two cakes this week! 



Yesterday I finally made a trip to Aldi; I got some of my usual favorites…


And also found some new goodies that I’m excited to try! 



I did some batch cooking yesterday, so I have plenty of leftovers for the rest of this week. I made a butternut squash risotto, served with Aldi vegan meatballs…


And mashed potatoes and Gardein turk’y with gravy… 



Here is a funny picture of Daisy, who woke up and suddenly realized that Cringer was snuggling with her


Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. Daisy looks a little flummoxed there!
    And so much good food! Argh, I want it all.
    Honestly, Australian Aldi needs to get with the program!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really was, haha! :D
      I hope the vegan options improve at your Aldi!

      Delete
  2. I love a good simple cheese pizza myself!!
    Man, when I lived in Erie Aldi didn't have any of that fun stuff!! I rarely went because really other than the produce and beans it wasn't really worth my trip! But now I just can't believe the options!!!
    OMG, the look on Daisy's face!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really impressive how much vegan food they have at Aldi now!
      I'm so glad I was able to capture her expression lol! :D

      Delete
  3. Uno's has vegan options now? Where have I been!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure when it happened, but yeah, recently I'd noticed Uno's coming up when I did searches on Happy Cow, so it was nice to finally check it out! :)

      Delete
  4. I think some of those fake meats are seasonal for Veganuary. Everytime I go I try and pick up a few to keep a stock of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I hope they keep some of them around, though! :)

      Delete