Pages

Friday, June 21, 2019

Nacho Mac

Hi everyone! This week I have a new recipe that came about – as delicious ones tend to do – because there were some ingredients that needed using up… 

Nacho Mac

Ingredients:
1 cup elbow macaroni
1/2 of a 15.5 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed (~2/3 cup)
1/3 block Jalapeno Havarti Daiya (~3/4 cup shredded)
1/4 cup soy milk
1 tablespoon salsa
1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
handful crushed tortilla chips

Directions: 

Cook & drain the macaroni, then return it to the pot. Stir in the beans, cheese, soy milk, salsa, nutritional yeast, and turmeric; continue stirring, on low heat, until the cheese is melted. Serve with crushed tortilla chips on top. 

(The next time I make this, I’m thinking of adding some avocado!)

Here’s a sleepy (and then quickly alert) Rogue… 



Peace. :)

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great idea! And you're right, necessity is so much the mother of invention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; it worked out quite nicely! :)

      Delete
  2. I so agree that the best meals come from a little of this and a little of that! You're lucky you wrote down the recipe, usually I get so involved in tossing things in a pot I don't write anything down!!
    I love mac and cheese with stuff added in, and the jalapeno havarti is one of my favorite daiya cheeses!
    Rogue looks like a little rogue for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Even with writing it down and making it twice, it took me until this week, when I made it for the third time, to realize that I'd written down the wrong amount of pasta -- I've updated the post, so the recipe should be correct now, lol! :D

      Delete
  3. Whoa, that looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe, it definitely sounds like it would be such a great one to try. Sweet Rogue, her beautiful face definitely cheered me up this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures of Rogue! :)

      Delete
  4. She changes like the wind!
    The recipe looks great, I really love the corn chips on top for extra crunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does indeed, hehe!
      Thanks; they definitely add a nice crunch (and saltiness) to it! :)

      Delete
  5. haha it kind-of looks like Rogue's eyes are photoshopped on when it is right next to the napping photo.

    I love "nacho cheese" so this looks super tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! And yeah, I can certainly see how it would look that way, haha! :D

      Delete