On Monday, I finally made it to Trader Joe’s, hooray! I stocked up on some of the fun things I’ve seen recommended on other blogs, as well as fall/Halloween goodies. If there’s anything I missed, definitely let me know so I can keep an eye out next time!
I found these vegan and gluten-free hamburger buns at Giant on Tuesday, so I figured I would give them a try, and they’re so good! I’ve been using the buns for the Morningstar cheezeburgers, which are also delicious!
![]() |
| Served with homemade pickles, carrots with Daiya ranch (I want to finish up that bottle before opening the Trader Joe’s ranch dip), and Trader Joe’s tater tots with ketchup. |
I also tried a new recipe this week – it was my first time making Brussels sprouts, and it was a success overall! For the Brussels sprouts, I used half frozen, half fresh; the thawed frozen ones were small enough, but some of the fresh ones were a bit too big and didn’t cook all the way through. Also, to make things simpler, I combined the tempeh and its marinade with the Brussels sprouts instead of making a separate sauce for the sprouts. It was really tasty, and I’ll definitely make it again!
![]() |
| Served atop white rice. |
The pumpkin Joe-Joe’s were really good; we finished them off at D&D on Wednesday, haha! I also tried the Pumpkin O’s with some unsweetened soy milk and added dried cranberries as well, which was nice…
And now it’s kitty time! Here are two sketches I did this week…
Leela keeping me company while I was meditating…
And Daisy, apparently waiting to be served a meal at the table…
Peace. :)














I need pineapple lemonade!!
ReplyDeleteHi Leela and Cringer!! I love your kitty sketches!
I think I tried gluten free bagels from that company. I've never seen the buns though. It's hard to find vegan and gluten free buns!
Thanks, Hillary! The pineapple lemonade was so refreshing! And yeah, that was the only package of the buns left, so I'm thinking they must be pretty popular! :)
DeleteOh Daisy, what a funny girl. Did she get something?
ReplyDeleteLooks like a super fun haul from Trader Joes, I wish we had fun stuff like that here.
I am a huge Brussels sprouts fan, but roasted is definitely the best way.
Just some attention and pets, hehe!
DeleteI'll definitely be going back to Trader Joe's soon, there was so much fun stuff!
I've already picked up more Brussels sprouts to make this again! :)