Hi everyone! For breakfast last Saturday I made myself the pumpkin oatmeal from Food for Dissertating, and it was so good!
And then for lunch we went to the Great American Pub (Phoenixville), where I got the garden vegetable quesadilla from the vegan section of the menu, and that was delicious as well!
I found some goodies on sale at Giant this week – I grabbed the Kite Hill strawberry (good) and blueberry (OK) yogurts. My favorite yogurt brand is still So Delicious, but it was fun to try something new! I haven’t gotten to try the Morningstar Farms cheezeburgers yet, but I’m looking forward to it!
And here’s my favorite version of green bean casserole so far (makes four servings), which I made this week: Cook 1 cup rice in 4 cups mushroom soup, stir in 1 cup TVP near the end and remove from heat, letting sit for about 10 min. Then add in 1 cup of a mix of green beans and yellow wax beans (I prepared mine from the garden the day before by cutting them up, boiling them for about 30 min, and then running them under cold water). Top each serving with ¼ cup of crispy onions.
And now for the kitties! Here’s a sketch I did this week of a sleepy kitty…
I caught Leela sticking her tongue out for a second and managed to get a picture; she says that’s what she thinks of her medicine, hehe! But it does seem to be helping – her mouth still bothers her now and then, but she is eating much better!
And Cringer says, “If I fits, I sits...”
Peace. :)







What a cute little blep from Leela! And a cute little box sit from Cringer. Dim Sim is totally uninterested in boxes. She prefers caves of her own design. I love your sleeping kitty as well.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Susan! I'm so glad I was able to get a picture of her quick little blep! :)
DeleteOMG I can not with Cringer! That is too adorable! And sweet Leela <3 Your sketch is adorable, you are so talented! The food looks amazing, I need oats in my life now that it's getting colder and I didn't even know those burgers were a thing! I need to try them. I can't wait to hear what you think!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sarah! Yep, oats are my favorite fall breakfast, and this was such a great recipe! I finally tried the cheezeburgers; they're really good! :D
DeleteI love how everyone kind-of has their own favorite vegan yogurt. So many different opinions!
ReplyDeleteThere's definitely something for everyone! :)
Delete