Pages

Friday, October 11, 2019

Kitties, Good Food, and a Bun!

Hi everyone! Leela had her recheck yesterday; even though she’s been eating well and seems to be experiencing less mouth pain, the vet said the sore spot hasn’t cleared up, so it’s probably a growth of some sort. Since the prednisolone seems to have helped, we’re going to keep her on it; the vet pointed out that this also could help slow the progression of the growth if it’s actually cancer (with where it is in her mouth, surgery to remove it isn’t an option). The vet told us other things to look out for that would indicate the problem is getting worse, but for now, Leela’s still eating and enjoying snugs. Here’s a pic from when she hung out with me last night…


My sister visited on Monday so we went to Sutao Cafe and enjoyed so much good food at the buffet! My two plates, two wonton soups, and some dessert…






I got this cute pic of the little bun…



And made a cauliflower scramble with some modifications to this recipe (I used a full head of cauliflower, substituted baby bok choy for the asparagus, and left out the toasted walnut topping and microgreens) and finally tried Benevolent Bacon, which was just OK…



Here’s Rogue, ready to pounce from under the packing paper…



Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. Ha, packing paper has been being pounced on over here too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For such a simple toy, it is so endlessly entertaining! :)

      Delete
  2. I don't know when the last time I had a buffet meal was! That looks SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rogue! What a cutie. I am glad Leela is doing OK, hopefully it will continue to resolve, or at least not get any worse.
    That buffet looks amazing! I love a good buffet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan; I am hoping for the same!
      Buffets are the best! :)

      Delete
  4. Aww sweet Leela and Rogue! I'm glad Leela is ok and hope she will continue to get better every day <3 The buffet meal looks amazing! I haven't been to one in so long but it looks like that one has amazing options!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! Leela's been having a really good appetite and her mouth seems to be bothering her less! Sutao has such a great variety at their buffet -- they even have a salad section and vegan sushi, but I always go straight to the hot food, haha! :D

      Delete