Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Catching Up

Hi everyone! 


I did this on Monday to celebrate the start of Pride Month. It’s the eight colors of the original pride flag designed by Gilbert Baker with what each color symbolized. Remember, Pride is a commemoration of the Stonewall Riots. If you can’t join the protests against the murder of George Floyd, please do what you can to spread the word and donate to bail funds to support those who are getting arrested. 


Some food…

Salad

Annie’s vegan mac

Meatball sandwich

Chicken noodle soup

Our power went out Wednesday at noon and came back on around 12:30 a.m. Friday. Here are some no-cook meals I had during that time…

Buttered bagel with everything bagel seasoning

Ham and cheese sandwich

Upton’s Naturals cheesy bacon mac

Our first hot food was takeout from Sutao Cafe, and it was amazing! I got the vegetable fried rice with the lemon chicken appetizer. Zach got the sweet & sour veggie meatballs again, so I didn’t take a pic. 


Pictures from Monday’s walk… 





A sweet bun hanging out in our yard… 


Here’s Rogue after having gotten bored and deciding to pull out a bunch of DVDs from the shelf, lol! 


Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. I think we're all so overwhelmed right now, but we can all do a little bit. Thanks for the reminder about bail funds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so wonderful to find ways to help when you can't be out on the streets with everyone else <3

      Delete
  2. I agree with The Student turned Doctor, it's so overwhelming right now. I'm glad there are so many different ways to help.
    A whole day and a half without power, yikes!! I don't know if it's a PA thing, but I remember when I lived in Erie the power went out more than anywhere else I've lived!!
    I bet warm, cooked food was delicious!
    I found some gluten free everything bagels, I'm hoping the everything seasoning makes up for the gluten freeness!!!
    Oh silly Rogue, I feel like you and my Joan would be best friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At one point, our estimated time for power restoration was that Sunday at 11 p.m.; I was incredibly grateful when it didn't end up taking that long!
      I'm sure Rogue would love to find ways to get into trouble with Joan, hehe! :D

      Delete
  3. I love your lettering, and your messaging. <3
    That is so frustrating about being without power for so long, I hope you didn't lose too much fridge or freezer food during it!
    And did Rogue end up selecting a DVD for you guys to watch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan; luckily, we didn't lose too much food!
      And no, we instead ended up playing one of Rogue's favorite games -- ribbon on a stick, lol! :D

      Delete