Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Green Lane, Good Eats, and First Zucchini!

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well! I took a hike in Green Lane with my family on Father’s Day; we wore masks and kept our distance. There was a lot of natural beauty… 









As well as some cheerful human-made art that we found along one of the trails… 






After the hike, we went to Rita’s for water ice; I got watermelon! 


This week, I made more fettuccine alfredo, served with Wegmans “Don’t be Chicken” vegan chicken…


I got a lot of leftovers out of the big batch that I made; I started mixing in Wegmans “Don’t be Piggy” sausage patties when I ran out of the chicken… 


I also tried this jerky in a pepperoni and cheese bagel sandwich, served with tater tots and broccoli; it was good! 



Avocado toasted bagel with everything seasoning… 


And takeout from SuTao Cafe! I got vegetable lo mein and fried tofu, which came with a nice dipping sauce… 


And Zach got the spicy Sichuan style tofu with white rice… 


In garden news, I started harvesting some snow peas, as well as my first zucchini! 


And here’s Rogue lounging and being a cutie up in the cat tower… 


Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! It reminds me of being a wild kid exploring nature everyday!
    I love the man made art, very cheerful and unexpected!
    I remember that Wegman's faux meat products are all pretty tasty!
    Rogue looks very deep in thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hillary! It was a really nice hike and the art was such a fun surprise! :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the zucchini!

    I love the Don't Be Chicken patties so much! They do everything I want them to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, they are great! :)

      Delete
  3. That walk is so beautiful. Green and shady and peaceful. And I love finding art in wild spaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green Lane has lots of beautiful trails; it was nice to do some exploring, especially since I hadn't hiked there in a while! :)

      Delete