Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2020

Yellow Squash Casserole and More!

Hi everyone, and happy August! I made a yellow squash casserole last Saturday, to which I added peas and some BBQ tempeh; it was really good, and I had some of the leftovers for my packed lunch on Monday, along with some broken blue corn tortilla chips for some added crunch… 



I also tried this Gardein breakfast bowl (yum!) for dinner one night, along with a salad using cucumbers from my garden and a ranch style dressing I made from tofu, which was just OK… 



I later improved the dressing by mixing it with the leftover hot sauce when I made Field Roast “fruffalo wings” for a super spicy salad… 


Here’s a picture I took this morning of the French Creek… 


And some recent harvests… 



Today’s included my first pole beans and cherry tomatoes of the year!

I had a shy little visitor while I worked on my garden this morning: A skittish stray kitty who we see around sometimes, dubbed by Zach “Sir Chins-a-Lot” for the black spot on their chin… 

Chinsy!

And here is Cringer, looking skeptical with daintily-crossed paws… 


Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. Cringer is so regal that way!

    What kind of squash casserole do you make? I had a couple of favorite omnivore recipes, but I haven't found a vegan one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is!
      I make a modified version of Bianca's recipe (http://vegancrunk.blogspot.com/2018/07/recipe-vegan-squash-casserole.html) but only do the stove-top part so I don't have to use the oven so much in summer! :)

      Delete
  2. Sir Chins-A-Lot is so cute. And Cringer is looked very sophisticated there! I am very impressed with your zucchini/squash harvest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! I had two zucchini plants this year and it made me realize that next year, just one will be sufficient, hehe! :D

      Delete
  3. Nice veggie harvest!! Some people in my neighborhood have veggies coming in, I'm so jealous of their kale!
    Sir Chins Alot is too cute!!
    My Roxy loves to lay like a regal queen just like Cringer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hillary! I've had mixed results with kale and didn't bother with it this year; I might have to try again at some point, though! :)

      Delete