Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Easy Meals Plus Firefly Cafe!

Hi everyone! On Sunday, I made a big batch of fettuccine Alfredo (using a jar of Victoria Vegan Alfredo sauce, which was alright, but definitely needed more salt) and soy curls. The leftovers were great as quick lunches throughout the week! 


I also had some fun dinners with Field Roast mini corn dogs, tater tots, and veggies (pole beans, cucumbers) from my garden… 



And I made a small batch of rice crispy treats using mini Dandies marshmallows, and later, a plain zucchini bread… 



But the most fun food of the week was had today! I met up with my sister for a walk this morning; around lunchtime, we called to place an order for pickup at Firefly Cafe and Outpost. I got the burrito deluxe (with chips as the side); it was amazing but also super spicy! We ate outside at opposite ends of a picnic table at the park, and it was great to catch up with each other! 


I also picked up a small grocery order of some fun treats from the outpost! 


Here’s Daisy being her cute little self, settled in on my lap while I’m meditating…


Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. I'll be curious to know what you think of the Gardein soups, I have only heard them reviewed by The Bearded Vegans, no one else seems to be talking about them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm saving them for a rainy day, but I will certainly report back once I've tried them! :)

      Delete
  2. I'll be curious to know what you think of the new Gardein canned things! I have no idea where I would buy them but it does seem like something shippable and right now all things shippable are on my list of stuff to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would definitely be a nice shippable option; I hope you get to try them soon! :)

      Delete
  3. I agree about the Victoria vegan sauce, it definitely needs some extra seasoning.
    Your garden veggies look so vibrant!!
    I also can't wait to hear what you think of the gardein soups!
    Seriously, Daisy has the sweetest little face!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hillary; I've been loving my garden veggies!
      And yes, Daisy is just too sweet! :)

      Delete