Pages

Friday, July 5, 2019

BBQ Baked Beans & Coleslaw (Quick and Easy Vegan Celebrations)

Hi everyone! This week I made two new recipes – the BBQ baked beans and coleslaw – from the 4th of July section of Quick and Easy Vegan Celebrations by Alicia C. Simpson. I also made the chipotle macaroni & cheese salad from AfroVeganChick because people enjoyed it last year. Here’s my plate from yesterday's BBQ, which was hosted by my sister and her husband… 

Chipotle macaroni & cheese salad, coleslaw, potato salad (made by my mom), vegan burger from Aldi, and BBQ baked beans.

Here’s Daisy, making a funny face. I’m not sure what had so grabbed her attention, but I got several pics of her like this... 


Peace. :)

10 comments:

  1. Happy belated holiday, Julie! I'm soooo happy everyone loved the salad and that you've made it again. I miss having the traditional baked beans and a nice black bean burger. Your plate looks very, very good. And Daisy is as cute as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janyce; your recipe is definitely a hit! :)

      Delete
  2. Your plate looks like summer!! It reminds me of family picnics when I was a kid!
    Daisy is so freaking cute! She's very interested/surprised by whatever she saw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hillary! Daisy's surprised face always makes me laugh! :)

      Delete
  3. That's quite a feast! I love pretty well all macaroni salad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute face!
    Your meal looks great, an excellent combination of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! It was a great meal for sure! :)

      Delete
  5. Mmm... such a classic BBQ plate.

    Wolfie saw Daisy and was concerned she might be sad. lol I told him that she was happy lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! And that's too cute about Wolfie! :D

      Delete