Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Pantry Cooking and Some Flowers

Hi everyone! How are we all doing? I’m trying to make the best of things and treat this whole social distancing thing as a reason to cook some meals and snacks that I’ve been meaning to make but haven’t (even though I’ve had the ingredients). First up was this breakfast-for-lunch of scrambled tofu, Field Roast apple maple breakfast sausage, and hash browns with ketchup, which was delicious… 


Yesterday I made chex mix; it’s been a while since I’ve made this, but I always love it! 


Of course I’ve still been having my usual oats for breakfast lol… 


I forgot to take a pic, but I also made a Gardein skillet meal (chick’n florentino) that I’d had in the freezer for a while; it was a nice weekend dinner for me and Zach. And I’ve been making some faves for myself like my peanut butter brown rice burritos.

In addition to cooking, I’m getting lots of reading done, making good progress on my writing, and having lots of cuddles with the kitties. I’m cleaning and reorganizing things in the house. I’m catching up on movies and TV; I finally watched the new Jungle Book, and I also realized that Good Girls started up again, so I watched the first episode of the new season online last night. Every afternoon, Zach (he’s working from home) and I get some fresh air outside; when we’re not working on preparing the garden (weeding, turning the soil, and mixing in compost from the bin), we’re kicking a soccer ball back and forth in our yard. And I’m always happy to see these lovely signs of spring… 




I moved this stepladder to the back door so that Rogue could better observe the nest-building birds under the overhang. Can you see the little bird in the first pic? 



Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. Breakfast for lunch is so great! I love your last photo. You can tell the stepladder is getting some good use!

    I'm going to try some new things, too, soon. Such strange times we live in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Her tail was swishing so much, it was adorable! Looking forward to seeing more of what you make! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm loving seeing signs of spring as well. It brings some peace and normalcy to these scary times doesn't it!
    I much prefer breakfast for lunch or dinner myself!
    I see the bird!
    I love the last picture too! I love it when they stand like that, it's so freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hillary! She was so intent on those birds, she wanted to get as close as she possibly could! :)

      Delete
  3. Rogue is so cute!
    The flowers are lovely. It is nice to see that the world continues, even if it is so weird for us right now. Nature keeps on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan; she definitely is!
      I got to see a bunch more flowers this morning, so I was quite happy! :)

      Delete