Hi everyone! Today’s “Elementary, My Dear Vegan” is a drink offered to Watson, which she declined, in S1E5 (“Lesser Evils”)…
(Holmes and Watson are at a coffee shop to talk to the barista Dave, who they think might be able to point them in the direction of a suspect)
Holmes: (to Watson) These coffee orders, the Magna Carta was less complicated.
…
Dave: I give out my number a lot. Gotta be in it to win it, you know? (to Watson) Speaking of which, can I interest you in a complimentary chai?
Watson: No, thanks.
I used the vegan chai latte recipe from Minimalist Baker, but I didn’t add any sweeteners or the optional cashews (and I used So Delicious coco whip instead of the coconut whipped cream recipe that was suggested). Given that I generally only drink herbal/caffeine-free teas, this was a bit strong for me, but it was still fun to try, and the coco whip topping definitely helped!
Here’s Leela, who often joins me for my morning meditation…
Peace. :)


The chai latte looks great and your cat is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Lisa! She definitely is! :)
DeletePretty kitty!
ReplyDeleteI used to love chai but can't have caffeine now so I haven't had proper chai in ages. Maybe I should try making it myself sometime. I have all these fond memories of downing cups in my college library's basement cafe while working on papers.
Thanks! That's a great idea to try making a caffeine-free version; I hope you can enjoy a cup again soon! :)
DeleteOoooh your chai looks so good! I love chai but never make it but now I'm thinking it's something I need to do in the fall! Hi Leela!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sarah; this would be absolutely perfect for fall! :)
DeleteI love a good chai-- hot or cold. And Leela is a cutie patootie as usual.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Janyce! She really is; it's so sweet how she likes to have a paw on/against me whenever she can! :)
DeleteI love chai, but I am really picky about it. Most places here just use a chai syrup to make it and it is way too sweet. There is only one place in Australia that I have been to that makes a decent chai, and that is in Melbourne. But it is good that it is not near me, as I can't handle caffeine so as much as I love chai, it ends up giving me heart palpitations. But worth it rarely for a really good chai.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I could definitely see a chai syrup being too sweet. I'm glad you have a far-enough-away place where you can enjoy a good chai every now and then! :)
DeleteChai is the best, but it's so hard to get the balance right - whenever I order it anywhere it seems to be either too bland or so strong it makes me cough (great when I have a cough or sore throat though!). I once had a chai hot chocolate and it was one of the best drinks I've ever had.
ReplyDeleteOooh, a chai hot chocolate sounds really good! :)
Delete