Hi everyone! The food for today’s “Elementary, My Dear Vegan” is one that didn’t end well for the person who ate it in S1E4 (“The Rat Race”)…
Holmes: I think there’s a good chance Peter Talbott was murdered.
…
Gregson: You think someone dosed his salad dressing?
Holmes: I think it’s worth exploring.
When the salad was briefly shown on screen, it looked like it might be kale, so I made the only-kale-can-save-us-now salad from Eat Like You Give a Damn. The dressing was amazing and super easy to prepare. I enjoyed the salad even though I’m not the biggest fan of raw kale; if I make it again, I might steam the kale a bit first.
Bonus quote from the episode:
Fowkes: We’d like to hire you and your, uh, associate.
Holmes: Bodyguard.
Here’s a close-up of Cringer…
Peace. :)


I generally blanch my kale a little bit before making a salad because raw kale can hurt my tummy a bit. But I love kale salads once I've done this to it!
ReplyDeleteGood to know that blanching helps; I'll give it a try next time! :)
DeleteThey say it helps to massage the kale; I don't know. I don't eat it often. I can't deal with raw broccoli and I blanch it to put in salads so maybe sometime I should try cooking the kale a bit. It feels strange to cook leafy greens for salad but kale takes so long to actually cook I guess it wouldn't really be cooked? Teach me your ways.
ReplyDeleteI think the massaging helps with the texture, but it's more the taste of raw kale that I don't care for; I think the blanching is definitely worth a try! And I'm with you on not being able to deal with raw broccoli, haha! :D
DeleteI don't typically like raw kale but I've had it a few times where it was good. A good dressing will certainly elevate a salad so much! I love your creativity, this theme is so fun! Hi Cringer!
ReplyDeleteYep, a good dressing does wonders, for sure! And thanks; I'm glad you're enjoying this theme! :)
DeleteThis looks like a really good kale salad!
ReplyDeleteThanks; I've been enjoying the leftovers even more! :)
Delete