Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Elementary, My Dear Vegan: Bran Flakes

Hi everyone! Today’s “Elementary, My Dear Vegan” is from S1E18 (“Déjà Vu All Over Again”). Holmes decides that Watson is ready for her first solo case, but she checks in with him when she begins to suspect that the missing woman she was tasked with finding has actually been murdered by her husband. Holmes takes a pause from eating his bowl of bran flakes to discuss Watson’s suspicions with her and eventually offers to “tag in.” Watson wants to continue working the case on her own, however, so when she declines his help, Holmes simply goes back to eating his cereal (which, like eggs, is something he seems to eat often).

So for a simple Holmes-inspired breakfast this morning, I had some Arrowhead Mills oat bran flakes with unsweetened Silk soy milk… 



Bonus quote from the episode:
Watson: I don’t know. Maybe I’m wrong about this, too. Maybe, it’s just a coincidence that he has that jacket with a patch.
Holmes: Have I told you how distracting I find self-doubt?

P.S. Tonight is the series finale of Elementary :o (I’m planning to watch it online tomorrow; my fingers are crossed for a good ending!)

Rogue likes to weigh herself on my kitchen scale… 



Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. I think I might cry when it's all over. This is one of the very few shows I've stuck with until the end. I was crushed when Mycroft died and actually got a little teary eyed about Morland as well. Since it airs past my bedtime, I'll be watching tomorrow as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the finale made me cry, but in a good way <3

      Delete
  2. I haven't had bran flakes in ages, but I remember liking them! I may look for those on my next grocery adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes a simple breakfast is just the thing!
    It is so sad when a show you love ends. I hope it is a good ending. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan; I was pleased with how they ended the series <3

      Delete
  4. Cereal is such a glorious food. I love eating it for dinner when I'm just feeling lazy and don't want to deal. It is so satisfying and while it is odd to consider it a comfort food, I totally do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cereal is definitely a comfort food, and I am sure that Sherlock would agree with you, too! :)

      Delete