Pages

Monday, August 26, 2019

Elementary, My Dear Vegan: Yorkshire Pudding

Hi everyone! Today’s “Elementary, My Dear Vegan” is from S2E10 (“Tremors”). Watson comes into the kitchen to give Holmes an update and sees that he’s busy.

Watson: You’re making Yorkshire pudding.
Holmes: Well spotted, Watson. Most Americans mistake them for muffins. (slams the tray he’d pulled out of the oven up and down on the stove) When I was younger, our governess would enlist my help in making Yorkshire pudding…. Since then, I’ve found making them to have a calming effect. (goes over to the trash can and dumps out the tray of Yorkshire pudding)
Watson: Yeah, Gregson told me about the hearing. What—?
Holmes: I enjoy making Yorkshire pudding, Watson, not eating it.

I used this recipe, and they came out looking like biscuits, which I guess is close enough, haha! I poured some gravy over them and re-heated some leftover risotto as well; it was a nice and easy dinner and quite tasty, too! 



Here’s a close-up of silly Rogue… 


Peace. :)

7 comments:

  1. I've never had Yorkshire pudding, though I have been to Yorkshire. (No vegan options where I was.) I thought you had to cook them with meat dripping into them or something. But maybe not? I'd definitely want to put gravy on mine; I am a sucker for gravy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad that you couldn't find any vegan options when you were in Yorkshire!
      So having looked it up just now haha, it sounds like you are correct: The origins of Yorkshire pudding are that they would be baked below the meat that was roasting, so that the fat would drip onto them.
      The gravy was such a good addition! :)

      Delete
  2. OK, I definitely need to boop that snoot!!!!
    I've never had Yorkshire pudding, though I understand that they can be quite difficult to make. But I see photos of them in some of my UK vegan friends' pub roast lunches and they look so good, especially with gravy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boop away, but she may give you a love nip in return, lol!
      Yeah, mine definitely looked quite different from the pictures I've seen of Yorkshire pudding, but they were delicious, so I don't mind! :)

      Delete
    2. Love nips are an acceptable risk for booplesnoots.

      Delete
  3. I've also never had Yorkshire pudding. I've always heard they're really, really hard to make!!I'm impressed that you successfully made them!! They look great, and I definitely agree with the choice of extra gravy!!
    Hi Rogue!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hillary! I feel like I lucked out with finding this simple recipe, haha! :)

      Delete