Pages

Monday, August 5, 2019

Elementary, My Dear Vegan: Scrambled Eggs

Hi everyone! The food for today’s “Elementary, My Dear Vegan” is one that Holmes seems to make for himself fairly regularly; like yesterday’s, this is from S1E4 (“The Rat Race”)…

(doorbell rings and Holmes answers the door; Fowkes enters)
Fowkes: I thought I’d bring you your check personally. (brushes past Holmes and into next room) Also, we need to talk.
Holmes: Do we? (closes door and follows Fowkes, then holds out bowl he’s eating from) Eggs? I’m sure I could find another fork.
Fowkes: I’m not hungry. I came here to end this.

To make the scrambled “eggs,” I simplified my favorite scrambled tofu recipe (by Isa Chandra Moskowitz) by leaving out the cumin, thyme, garlic, and pepper; crumbling the tofu more; and not cooking the tofu for as long. It turned out delicious, though I did miss the usual spices, haha! 



Bonus quote from the episode:
Watson: (to Holmes) I’m sorry, are you trying to take credit for the fact that I saved your life? And so soon after you promoted me to bodyguard…

Here’s a cute sleepy Daisy… 



Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. That looks wonderful! I love a good tofu scramble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; tofu scramble is pretty awesome! :)

      Delete
  2. I am sleepy, I wish I could lie down next to Daisy.
    I love scrambled tofu. I know there are all these vegan scrambled egg things now, but nothing is as good as tofu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tofu really is the best when it comes to making scrambles! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi sweet Daisy!! What a sleepy baby!

    Tofu scramble is amazing, I don't know why I don't make it more often! I need to fix that asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She takes the most adorable cat naps! :)

      Delete
  4. Mmmm, there's nothing better than a good tofu scramble! It looks a lovely colour too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; I loved how the color turned out! :)

      Delete