Pages

Friday, August 23, 2019

Elementary, My Dear Vegan: Tea and Tibetan Fried Bread

Hi everyone! Today’s “Elementary, My Dear Vegan” is from S2E6 (“An Unnatural Arrangement”). Watson, having fallen asleep at the table, wakes up when Holmes sets down a tray beside her head.

Holmes: Watson, you attempted to work through the night. Excellent.
Watson: Mm. Did you sleep?
Holmes: In brief intervals. (gestures to items on the tray as he identifies them) Tea, Tibetan fried bread.

I used this recipe; it was super easy to prepare and turned out great! (Next time I might try cooking for just a minute less on the first side, though, as the bottom got a little too burnt in the very center.) I’d pulled out some apricot jam since I thought the bread might need something with it, but it was actually perfect on its own! 


Served with some Earl Grey tea, a lovely breakfast for this rainy, dreary morning

Here’s a silly close-up of Cringer on the kitchen counter… 


Peace. :)

7 comments:

  1. Fried bread sounds like a lovely thing!
    Would Cringer object if I booped her snoot? Her booplesnoot is just speaking to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite lovely indeed!
      She's seemed rather confused on the rare occasions I've given her a boop, haha! :D

      Delete
    2. Dim Sim always gives me a strange look when I boop her snoot as well.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that bread looks great and pretty easy to make!
    I love Earl Grey tea too!!
    Hi Cringer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hillary; it was definitely one of the easiest breads I've made! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh yum, that looks and sounds delicious! OMG the extreme closeup is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah; I love getting close-ups of her cute face! :)

      Delete