I was so excited to find out that Kate of Odd Little Vegan had nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thanks so much, Kate!
Here's what you do when you get nominated for the Liebster Award:
1. Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominees.
2. Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
3. No tag backs.
4. Nominees must have under 200 followers on any platform.
5. You must tell all the blogs that you nominate that you have nominated them.
So, let's get started!
Here are Kate’s questions & my answers:
1. Are you a morning person?
Yes, and even if I weren't, Buttons makes sure I get up. When she hears my alarm go off, she takes that as her cue to start crying for breakfast, so there's no hope of getting back to sleep. Sometimes Leela even joins in.
2. What’s your favourite way to relax?
Reading, taking a walk, cuddling with kitties.
3. Are you a tea drinker, or a coffee drinker?
4. Who is your all-time favourite fictional character (book, TV, or movie)?
Favorite book character is Nanny Ogg (of Terry Pratchett's Discworld), favorite TV character is Joan Watson (played by Lucy Lui), and favorite movie character is Ana Pascal (played by Maggie Gyllenhaal).
5. What’s the last thing you do before you go to sleep at night?
Double-check that my alarm is set, turn off the light, and cuddle with Leela.
6. What was the first concert you ever went to?
Actually never been to a concert. Went to my high school's Battle of the Bands back in the day. Does that count? Haha.
7. What’s your least favourite word in the English language?
Processes (especially when it's pronounced with a long “e”).
8. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
In a vegan community/sanctuary that would grow its own food and care for rescued animals.
9. Hypothetical: you’re stuck on a deserted island – which 5 movies and/or TV box-sets do you bring?
Stranger than Fiction, The Office, Away We Go, Parks and Recreation, and Across the Universe.
10. What’s something that you’re excited about or looking forward to right now?
Self-publishing my story about Mystery!
The 8 bloggers I nominate are:
Cat of Cat and Ju Vegan Cooking
Laura of Detroit Made
Heather of East Meets West Veg
Bonnie of Eating with the Rabbits
Kimmy of Rock My Vegan Socks
Rosie of Rosie's Vegan Kitchen
Jasmine of Self Sufficient Cafe
Zsu of Zsu's Vegan Pantry
And here are the 10 new questions for the people I've nominated:
1. When is your “veganniversary”/the date you went vegan? (Or if, like me, you don't remember the exact date, have you chosen a day on which to celebrate your veganniversary?)
2. What's one of your best qualities?
3. What is your most-used kitchen tool/utensil?
4. Do you share your life with any animals? (If so, tell us a bit about them.)
5. If you could open a sanctuary, what would be the first type of animal you would rescue?
6. Do you prefer your pizza hot and fresh, or cold as leftovers the next day?
7. What is your favorite type of tea?
8. What's one food/meal that you thought you'd never have again once you went vegan, only to find out later that there is a vegan version of it?
9. What would be your “catch phrase?” (What is your favorite phrase and/or what is the phrase you say most often?)
10. What's your go-to dish to bring to a vegan potluck?
No pressure to answer the questions; if I nominated you, I already think you are awesome! (Also, if another blog nominated you before I did, don't worry about answering my questions in addition to theirs.) Finally, thanks again to Kate! (Everyone else, go check out her blog if you haven't already! P.S. There are many cute pictures of kittens and a dog throughout her posts!)
Much love to all my fellow Vegan MoFo bloggers!