| Does
anyone else ever have one of those moments where you've been vegan so
long you can't imagine why something wouldn't be a vegan version? I
had that experience with the pysanky; I got all excited because I
remember having a wooden pisanka, so I just assumed they were all
wooden because why would you use actual eggs if you didn't have to,
right? And only just now, while writing this post, did I realize they could very well have been real eggs, since that's what's traditional, so while I
won't include any pictures, here's a chart about the symbols used in decorating pysanky. |
The Ukrainian Festival looks really interesting! I love the idea of carrots and celery with PB on the go. I'm going to steal that idea for a work lunch this week. Waiting in anticipation for the to-be-continued story to unfold :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Elyse; it was pretty neat! Hope you enjoy it; it's a great combo. The to-be-continued has now been continued! :D
DeleteThat little scene with the animals is great. Looks like a fun day.
ReplyDeleteIt was such a cute scene & I loved the animals' outfits! :)
DeleteI love the combo of potatoes and kielbasa on your pizza.
ReplyDeleteThe festival looks like fun; the animal village is adorable.
I know what you mean when you're surprised something isn't vegan...
Thanks, Rose; lots of fun & cuteness indeed! :D Yeah, it's so jarring when that happens!
DeleteOh my gosh.... is there someone in that carrier? I await the next installment!
ReplyDeleteYes, indeed, though there were actually two someones! :)
Delete