The Kings' Franks and Beans
Following today's theme, I found a smart dog hanging out in the freezer, and dug out a can of kidney beans I've had in the cupboard for a while. Seeing that I had the other ingredients, I used this recipe, halved, from House Vegan. (BTW, if you haven't checked out her eBook yet, you really should; I tested four of the recipes, and they all turned out awesome!) These franks and beans were pretty good for being thrown together with what was available, so I'm glad I disregarded Red's warning. I'd love to retry this recipe someday with the right beans (pinto) and enough vegan hot dogs; I'm sure it would be even better then!
Bonus quotes from the episode:
Liz: I risked my life for you because I care about you. Deal with that. And when someone does something nice, you're supposed to say "thank you."
Red: Thank you.
Liz: You're welcome.
Red: But never do it again.
Here are Buttons, Leela, Cringer, and Daisy...
Peace. :)

That looks like some good hearty comfort food to see you through being snowed it. I love somewhere that could be a possibility this winter so I'm enjoying collecting ideas today.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much; it definitely is! Sounds like a good way to plan! :D
DeleteI love franks and beans! I also have a really bizarre love for veggie dogs so maybe I'm biased :)
ReplyDeleteFranks and beans are pretty awesome indeed! :D
DeleteThis looks good!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ana; it really was! :)
DeleteClassic comfort combination.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Susan! Definitely can't get enough comfort food! :)
Delete