As a kid, going out to eat at Angelo's (now A&N) was always something to look forward to. Before we got to the main meal, though, something essential had to be determined: What were the soups of the day? If one of the options was chicken noodle, we knew it was going to be a good day. (A close second was chicken rice; sometimes we also got beef vegetable or beef barley.) While my parents were a bit more adventurous with what they would order for dinner, my sister and I always got the same thing – chicken fingers – from the kids menu; a drink and dessert were included. Eating at a restaurant was one of the few times we were allowed to drink soda, so we'd each request a glass of Sprite. While we waited for our chicken fingers, we would enjoy our cup of soup, which came with saltine crackers.
| with Tofurky slow roasted chick'n (lightly seasoned) |
The chicken fingers were served with french fries (and a pickle, too, if I'm remembering correctly). I think there were usually around 4-5 chicken fingers, but they were bigger than the Gardein ones I used to re-create the meal. And of course we would have ketchup for our chicken fingers and fries.
Finally, for dessert, we would order ice cream or sherbert, which was served in a cute little metal serving dish like this:
![]() |
| (image source) |
| So Delicious vanilla bean coconut milk ice cream |
In other food news, I used the leftover tofu and "yolk" mixture from yesterday to make a tofu scramble, complete with little grape tomatoes from my parents' garden.
![]() |
| (I visited home yesterday and hung out with my mom and this cuddly cutie, Blu.) |
And as always, here are Buttons and Leela...
Peace. :)


What a great idea! This post takes me back to the excitement of going to a restaurant with my parents as a kid. All of the food looks so good! :) I love that you recreated the whole meal. The tofu scramble looks delicious too -- the tomatoes from your parents garden makes it extra special. Also, where did you get that Vegan Mofo mug?!?!?!! :) Leela and Buttons looks adorable as always and I love the pic of cuddly Blu. Hope you're having an awesome day! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for all your lovely comments, Elyse! I am having an awesome day & hope you are as well! :) I won the Vegan MoFo mug in one of the giveaways last year. It was from Jeanette Zeis Ceramics; here's the Etsy shop -- https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeanetteZeis -- but it doesn't look like the Vegan MoFo mug is in stock. The closest to it is this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/203987712/vegan-dish-mug-fancy-made-to-order
DeleteYou're making me want a (vegan) kid's meal now!
ReplyDeleteHaha, thanks, Ana! It was pretty good! :D
Delete